Listening and Hearing.
The end of last week included great discussion between visionaries to help facilitate using our best gifts with the most potential. With a stuffy head, I took a walk around the city including sitting in the park to just take in my surroundings. Saturday, we enjoyed a Seafood festival outside of town as well as finding a new hot spot in town called the Grassmarket, full of cafes, shops, pubs, and a big central courtyard.

Sunday morning began with two girls on their way into town to participate in another new service and thriving congregation in the heart of the city. However, missing a vital piece of information as to the name of our bus stop where the church was located lead us scrambling for our phones, but we both came up empty-handed, phone-less and map-less in the middle of the city. SO we put our old school navigation skills to the test...hail a taxi ;). Finally arriving at the church with a quarter of an hour to spare, we took some breaths with last minute preparations for the morning. The church and service were beautiful and going quite well until I disrupted with a violent coughing fit. I quickly proceeded out of the back of the Sanctuary nearly hurdling over some congregants to get out as fast as possible not to draw too much attention to me. A very sweet lady, Jackie, immediately came to my aid providing water and stayed with me to make sure I would be ok after almost choking. We shared some of our over-lapping stories from the States only confirming how small the world is in each interaction. I observed the rest of the service from outside the Sanctuary. The church has a very diverse and welcoming community; we were grateful to a part of it that morning. It was that afternoon that I was confined to my room by my teammates due to a week of fighting sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment