Hands Held.
I, and my teammate, Lis, were in charge of planning and leading an entire "all age" worship service at one of the local churches in the community of Rosyth yesterday morning. The service included an array of pieces from the call to worship, introductions, hymns, prayer, teaching a Seed's song with sign language (shout out to Highway56), scripture readings, and I was given the wonderful opportunity to give the homily, "Hands Held" (see a clip above). I touched on the many uses of our hands, the importance of prayer, and how our hands can aid in unity. To my complete surprise in fellowship shaking hands with people after the service concluded several people told me these words, "What an incredible message" and "That was something I will remember for a very long time". Wow. I mean, wow. I was so taken by the overwhelming impression my words made in just sharing the gospel from my heart. It astonished every one of my senses and left me whirling in joy. I wish I could have bottled that exact feeling I felt in that very moment as a reminder for the times I do not feel effective at all in ministry. God's ways revealed through his people are always so exquisite when we let go of our own agendas and fully invite them in.


On the same morning in two other "boroughs" of town, two pastors, Mack and Jeff, and 12 boys from my church at home with my common link preached in two of the Methodist churches here I am working with in the Circuit. Following the services and controlled chaos in the web of moving people from one place to another, my team of 4, Andrew, his wife, Belinda, Jeff, and Mack met for lunch. It was a grand highly-anticipated sight as my two worlds collided around one table over a shared meal connecting two Methodist communities with my great hopes to build a long lasting partnership in ministry together. 'Til again...blessings and cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That was wonderful Bronwen! You have a gift for speaking! Looking forward to seeing you SOON!!! Momma Gail

    ReplyDelete