Lady on a Bus.

I found myself observing all sorts of walks of life on the bus today. We had a longer bus route traveling to the city of Leith to explore the Leith Acorn Center partnered with the very familiar YMCA. We participated in a men's drop-in along with putting our feet to the payment to walk the streets to explore the city dynamics. Every person we came in contact with today displayed a diverse face of the journey from a minister to a grandmother to a homeless man to name just a few. In our journey we process countless things and those around us. The word, perception, kept resurfacing in my mind today as I encountered people in conversation or just watched them from a distance, and it made me think about how I am perceived along with others. How are we each perceived in every moment of our day? If it is passing someone on the street, one single interaction, or daily communing with friends and family in our lives, how are we being perceived? Is it truly the way we want to come across? Are we expressing the fullness and the truest of who God envisioned us to be in those moments? Even though I fully want to be, I cannot even say myself that I am completely accurate in each of those instances. What I do know is today made me more aware of the goodness present in others especially those that we might typically never even offer a chance to when we have the opportunities to fully engage in it daily. A wise minister said today, instead of trying to make better disciples, we need to start with making better humans. It struck a poignant chord with me. Why not take the chance to discard the judgments and apply new perception the next time you sit next to someone on a bus or waiting in line or before a church service to see how God encompasses the moment, I know I will from now on. Blessings and cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment