Field Trip.
Yesterday was spent with the relaxation of walks along the Thames River, dining at a local restaurant called The Wharf, and exploring little shops of trinkets. The weather has turned pretty cold here with highs in the 40's, cold, and dreary. This may sound surprising, but it is just right, and I couldn't imagine it any other way. I also experienced my first European taxi and double-decked bus. I was like a little girl excitedly repeating, "This is like a ride at Disney World". We attempted to go to an Evening song at Westminster Abbey, but mixed up times. We have however seen it from the outside 4 times now, and it is just as magnificent every time. I will be coming through London again in July so the Evening song will be a first stop then. We have run into lots of school field trips, and I wish I could put all of you, Highway56 kids, on a plane and show you guys around witnessing the history in it's truest form. The few churches I have seen in England have already completely amazed me with new found interest to study the depth of the Church of England, and there are so many to come as I very excitedly await the time I will spend in each of the 9 churches in Edinburgh. And, with that...as we speak we are all on a 5hr train (with Internet, crazy) in route to Edinburgh. The sights out the window are of gorgeous countryside rushing by...next time we talk I will be in my new home beginning our mission journey for the next 9 weeks....blessings and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment